NARS TINTED MOISTURISER FOR NC43/ MEDIUM DEEP SKIN


Hey, I’m back with another blog post regarding makeup and this time I am going to write a review on NARS Tinted moisturiser. First and foremost, I love their packaging, A tube is greatly appreciated cause it is lightweight and very convenient to keep in my kit for travelling. 




This product prone to get dirty as this tube in black colour, but it is no big issue for me. Next I would love to comment on the actual product. As for the product, I think it is better suited for someone who already have clear skin, no scars, no hyperpigmentation, no dark under eye circles. Tinted moisturiser traditionally contains SPF, moisturiser and a pigment ( shade for your skin complexion ). It helps to even out your skin tone and gives natural and radiant look as a result. 

As for me, this NARS tinted moisturiser was a disappointment, for the price, I was having high exceptions. Okay let me start from what I loved about this product, I loved how this tinted moisturiser evens out my skin complexion. Besides that, I also love how this tinted moisturiser felt on my skin. It is lightweight and doesn’t feel sticky after settled into my skin. 


Okay now for what I didn’t like about this tinted moisturiser. First, I didn’t like the shade range, specifically in Malaysia. I couldn’t find the perfect shade for my skin complexion. According to findation.com ( a website that will help you to find your perfect foundation shade ), my shade should be in Annapurna. However, in the NARS outlet I went to and also in online, they only had Auckland, Santiago, and Marrakesh. I tried Santiago in the store but it was a little dark for me and I end up choosing Auckland instead. Auckland has this neutral undertone and me having a warm undertone gives off grey cast. It is kinda bumper especially for the price cause I got the shade wrong twice. I would recommend my readers to check in the online store for the description before go to the outlet to try the product on cause sometime the salesperson doesn’t explain the undertones of the product. Do some research. 


So besides me messed up the undertone and the shade, I personally feel you need to use some sought of powder to powder it down cause I tried to wear the tinted moisturiser itself. After about 4 hours of wear, I saw oily face and the product starts to move. I also noticed that the tinted moisturiser got darker ( oxidised ) and that made the grey cast looks horrifying. So I need to powder it down before I scare of some people around me. 


Upon application: 

Auckland colour matches me well except the undertone is too pink for my yellow undertone

After the application, it does gives off grey cast 

We can't expect high coverage from a tinted moisturiser but they does even out my skin and covers hyperpigmentation decently.

On the photo in front natural lightning, not bad 

Light weight, and it was okay 


2 hours after application: 

Flash photo test : GREY CAST! but it is normal for a tinted moisturiser cause it contains SPF

In natural lighting, not that bad but I can see some oily skin situation

Grey cast but still bearable.

4 hours after application : 

errr.. on natural lighting, definitely grey cast and oily

Let's not talk about the flash photo

Definitely creasing, settling corner of my nose and side of my nose where I wear specs



So as a summary, I feel this is a product for someone with no skin concern. This product does oxidise and you will get oilier after few hours, so it is advisable to powder your face. Besides that, colour range in Malaysia is not that great, however, if you happen to find one, do check on the undertone cause if fail to do so, you going to have grey cast. I still need concealer for my mild under eye dark cycle and to cover my acne scar. I don’t think this is a great product for flash photography as this product contain SPF. I really hope I can give this tinted moisturiser another shot if I happen to find the perfect shade for my complexion. NARS Malaysia should have more shade for woman of colour in Malaysia cause this is 2022 and we can do better. Thank you for reading this review :) 


As a reference 

I’m NC 43/44 in MAC Studio Fix Foundation 

No comments