Makeup Forever HD Skin in 3Y46 vs Old Makeup Forever Ultra HD in Y425




I was so excited when I heard about Makeup forever HD foundation being released. This time they reformulated the foundation and they changed their packaging as well. 


Packaging

So for the packaging, overall I’m loving it. It is heavier because of the glass bottle. It comes with a pump which we all love it. However, I just feel the cap of the foundation bottle can get dirty easily because of the rubbery plastic cap. So, be careful about that. 







Shade match 

I’m going to compare the New Makeup Forever HD skin foundation with the old Ultra HD foundation. I was Y425 in the old one, so that makes me 3Y46 in the new formula ( skin HD ), The old formula shade has a more neutral undertone compared to the new one which has a warmer/ yellow undertone. If you are the same shade as me, if you prefer warm/yellow undertone for your foundation, you going to love the new formula. However, if you feel you prefer a neutral undertone for your foundation, I would suggest you go to the store to try it out yourself to see if you like it or not. Otherwise, the shade is pretty darn close, just a different undertone. 





Formula 

The new Skin HD formula has a thicker consistency than the old one. One pump is enough for me. I would say it is medium to buildable coverage. I prefer using a brush but beauty sponges work well too. I still can see some hyperpigmentation and acne scars peeking through the foundation but since its medium coverage, I’m not mad at it. I find the new foundation has a more matte finish compared to the old formula. I love how the foundation sinks into the skin and appears natural on my skin. Lightweight and natural. The foundation doesn’t move around a lot throughout the day but it does rub off on the area my glasses sit. If you not wearing glasses, this shouldn’t be a problem. No flashback in flash-photograph and no white cast. I do personally feel the foundation sets into my undereye wrinkle making me look older try to avoid using foundation underneath your eye and also use eye cream beforehand. I do see a little accentuating pore problem around the cheek but not too bad because I’m using a translucent powder to set there. 


Lasting power

The longest I wore the foundation so far was for 5 hours and I ran errands on that day. Though Malaysia is known as a hot and humid place, this foundation does not budge. I didn’t see smudging and moving around. I would say for 5 hours and the hot weather. This foundation is sweatproof and quite long-lasting ( for 5 hours ). However, this foundation is not mask-proof because I do still see some transfer on the mask but just keep in mind I didn’t only wear foundation on my face that day. 


Overall

I feel this is an amazing formula. The only thing you need to watch out for is the undertone in the new formula Skin HD. It is warmer. Otherwise, I think this is a good foundation to purchase. If you have dry skin I would ask you to try some other hydrating foundation as this one is matte and can cling to your dry patches. Avoid applying the foundation directly underneath your eye because the foundation tends to settle into the wrinkles underneath the eye. 

No comments